Friday, August 27, 2010

The title of my blog

The title of my blog comes from a Fisher Stevens quote that I found while googling Indonesia. Yep, that's right. Blame this guy:


That being said, my aims with this blog are three-fold: one is to disprove Mr. Steven's statement; two is to research my novel; and three is to share fun facts about Indonesia.

My first fun fact is that that they have recently introduced women-only carriages on commuter trains in Jakarta. This was in response to popular demand - from women, who felt they were subject to sexual harassment in the regular carriages, where men would take advantage of sudden stops to grope them. Does this make it any less sexist? My opinion is still divided on this one, but... the carriages are PINK and I think that's pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment